Posted on Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 and is filed under Business, Press Release. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your site.
The Sunbelt region was a good bet to provide most of the winners on Topretirements.com’s 2010 list of most popular active adult communities. But Delaware? Active communities in the First State, the nation’s 2nd smallest, made up 10% of the 2010 list.
Madison, CT - July 20, 2010 - There was a big surprise on this year’s list of the most popular active adult and 55+ communities from Topretirements.com. It wasn’t that Florida and North Carolina, with 8 communities each, had the most winners on the list. Or that the Sun Belt states of Arizona, California, Texas, and South Carolina had multiple best places to retire. What was most surprising was the strong showing from the nation’s 2nd smallest state, Delaware. The First State ended up with 5 developments on the 2010 list (10%).
Once again, the most popular 55+ community in the country is Green Valley, a vast retirement community near the Mexican border in Arizona. The Villages, home to 80,000 active retirees near Ocala, repeated as the #2 active adult community on Topretirements’ 2010 list.
John Brady, President of “Topretirements - Find Your Best Place to Retire”, commented about the winning communities: “It is interesting that regional active adult communities compete so effectively vs. the established national brands like Del Webb. Many of the communities on this list are relatively new, stand-alone communities, yet they have established strong brand awareness among baby boomers looking for their best place to retire.”
The list of Best 50 Active Adult Communities at Topretirements for 2010:
1. Green Valley (AZ)
2. The Villages (FL)
3. Holly Lake Ranch* (Tyler, TX)
4. The Settlement at Powhatan Creek* (Williamsburg, VA)
5. Hot Springs Village* (Hot Springs, AR)
6. Tellico Village (TN)
7. Laguna Woods Village (Laguna Woods, CA)
8. The Village of San Buenas*, (Costa Rica)
9. Silver Sage Village (Boulder, CO)
10. Hampton Lake* (Bluffton, SC)
11. Enchanted Canyon (Prescott, AZ)
12. Crest Mountain (Asheville, NC)
13. Sun City (Sun City, AZ)
14. The Moorings (Vero Beach, FL)
15. Fairfield Glade (TN)
16. The Residence at South Park (Charlotte, NC)
17. The Orchard Villas (Apex, NC)
18. Century Village (Southern FL)
19. High Country Villas (San Diego, CA)
20. Robson Ranch* (near Dallas, TX)
21. Rarity Bay* (Venore, TN)
22. The Venetian at Capri Isles (Venice, FL)
23. Biltmore Lake (Asheville, NC)
24. Pelican Sound (Estero, FL)
25. The Villages at Lynx Creek (Prescott, AZ)
26. The Village at Penn State (State College, PA)
27. Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota, FL)
28. Merrill Gardens at Parmer Woods (Austin, TX)
29. Millville by the Sea (Bethany Beach, DE)
30. Ladd Landing (Knoxville, TN)
31. Querencia at Barton Creek (Austin, TX )
32. Sun City of Texas (Georgetown, TX)
33. Pine Lakes (Prescott, AZ)
34. Terra Vista at Citrus Hills* (Hernando, FL)
35. Lofts at Mica Village (Asheville, NC)
36. Bayside* (Selbyville, DE)
37. Talking Rock (Prescott, AZ)
38. Carolina Preserve (Cary, NC)
39. Shenandoah* (Winchester, VA)
40. The Cliffs at Walnut Cove (Asheville, NC)
41. West Bay (Lewes, DE)
42. The Ponds* (Summerville, SC)
43. Sun City Grand (Surprise, AZ)
44. Soleil Laurel Canyon* (Canton, GA)
45. Southern Meadow* (Magnolia, DE)
46. Pleasant Place (Paris, TN)
47. The Half-Way Tree Mobile Home Park (Hendersonville, NC)
48. Four Seasons Charlottesville (Charlottesville, VA)
49. Bay Crossing (Lewes, DE)
50. Venetian Falls (Venice, FL)
Several advertisers at Topretirements.com made the list (indicated by *). Advertisers get preferred positioning on the site, which no doubt helped their rankings.
Topretirements’ best active adult communities list is a popularity measure of the top communities baby boomers are considering for retirement. It was compiled by calculating the 50 communities with the most online visits during the first 6 months of 2010 (Jan-June). For more details on this year’s list, go to http://www.topretirements.com/tips/Best_Communities/50_Most_Popular_Active_Adult_Communities_for_2010.html
Baby boomers come to Topretirements to find out more about the best places to retire. The site offers a free retirement quiz, the Retirement Ranger,http://www.topretirements.com/retirementranger/ranger_login.html, which helps prospective retirees find their best places to retire.
www.Topretirements.com - Find your best retirement community!
PR courtesy of Online PR News: http://www.onlineprnews.com
For more information:
Contact: John Brady
Comments are closed.