, an integrated financial capability nonprofit, is set to honor U.S. military service members by attending a Nov. 10 Veteran’s Day ceremony at Mountain View College. The event’s special guest speaker is Dana Bowman, U.S. Army retired Sergeant First Class and former member of the Golden Knights parachute team. Bowman made headlines in 1994 after a tragic mid-air collision with another jumper during a training exercise severed his legs. He has since gone on to become a successful motivational speaker.
Mountain View College, host of the Veteran’s Day event, is also hosting a weeklong clothing and toiletry drive that began Nov. 2. Coordinated by the Office of Student Life and MVC Veterans Affairs Office, the proceeds and donations will benefit the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
“This will be a special day for our employees as we honor our veterans,” said Ken Goodgames, CEO of Transformance. “Many of our clients and beneficiaries are active and retired U.S. service members, and we’re humbled by the sacrifices they’ve made so that we have the opportunity to live freely.”
The ceremony at Mountain View College begins with a breakfast with veterans from 9-10:45 a.m. on Nov. 10. At 11 a.m., attendees will gather in the student courtyard for the ceremony featuring special guest speaker Dana Bowman. Bowman has given over 400 speeches over the last few years and his story has been featured on broadcast programs such as Dateline NBC, Extra and A Current Affair. His speeches strive to communicate how physically challenged individuals can overcome their obstacles and excel in both society and the military.
The Mountain View College Veteran’s Day ceremony is open to the public.
For more information on Transformance, please visit www.transformanceusa.org.
About Transformance Inc.
In 2015, the agency will have delivered more than 125,000 consumer interactions through financial coaching, outreach and education. In 2016, the agency expects to serve up to one million low and moderate income families with transformative financial learning solutions accessible online and through a new mobile app.
Since its founding in 1974, Transformance has empowered clients to overcome adversity and attain their financial goals. Services include credit/budget coaching, financial education, housing counseling, individual debt management and bankruptcy coaching. Transformance provides the following programs and services:
• Provides a national nonprofit resource dedicated to confidential and professional coaching to assist financially distressed or economically vulnerable families
• Develops and fosters community educational programs on family money management, budgeting and the wise use of money and credit
• Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with the credit community, employee assistance programs, professional counselors and community-based social service agencies
• Provides opportunities for economic empowerment of low and moderate income families and with a particular focus on at-risk communities such as seniors, military families, veterans, communities of color and single, female-headed households
• Enables good financial knowledge early in life through its focus on education of students (K -12) and their parents through agency strategic partnerships
Transformance Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1974, and is a United Way Service Provider as well as a HUD-approved multistate housing counseling and education organization. The agency is formally accredited every four years by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Families (COA) to ensure compliance with top industry standards and best practices. The agency has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, with satellite offices in Arlington; Austin; Amarillo and Ardmore, Oklahoma.
To read more about Transformance Inc., or for an annual report, visit http://www.transformanceusa.org.
Transformance Media Contact:
Senior Account Manager