Dallas injury attorney, Greco, educates Texans about carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dallas, TX (AmericanInjuryNews.com)–The recent winter weather has taken Texas and its residents by storm. Another incidence of life threatening injury to 13 Dallas County residents happened early this morning reported the Dallas Morning News. Gas fumes, leaking from a cracked heating vent in northwest Dallas, poisoned 13 local residents with carbon monoxide requiring medical attention at several local hospitals. Emergency medical services personnel, with Dallas Fire-Rescue, received a 911 call and responded to the 10700 block of Channel Drive, at the intersection of Royal Lane on the east side of Interstate 35E, early this morning.

Carmen Garcia, and 17 family members living in the five bedroom brick home, began feeling sick and vomiting at about 4 a.m. this morning. The ages, of the 17 family members living in the house where the gas leak occurred this morning, range from 1 to 55 years old. The 13 injured people requiring immediate medical attention were mostly children and were transported to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, and Methodist Dallas Medical Center.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) www.cdc.gov says CO is produced by heating systems, gas ranges, stoves, lanterns, cars, trucks, SUVs, small gasoline engines, burning charcoal and burning wood in fireplaces. Carbon monoxide gas, from these sources, can build up quickly in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces causing deadly poisoning to people and animals who are breathing in the fumes.
The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. CO poisoning can be difficult to diagnose because the symptoms mimic similar symptoms from illnesses like the common winter cold and flu.

Dallas Fire-Rescue officials claim because someone in Carmen Garcia’s household called 911 this morning, the entire 17 member family was saved. If you or anyone in your house is experiencing these symptoms, you may be inhaling colorless and odorless carbon monoxide fumes. Dial 911 immediately and remove yourself from the house and into fresh breathing air while you are waiting for Fire-Rescue to arrive if you feel you may be in danger.

AmericanInjuryNews.com by Dallas Injury Lawyer Shelly T. Greco
Practice areas: Personal Injury Claims
Shelly Greco. Eberstein & Witherite, LLP. 3100 Monticello Avenue, Suite 500. Dallas, TX 75205 – Toll Free: (888) 407-6669 News Source: http://www.americaninjurynews.com – Press Release Distribution

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.