Christie Smith, Marketing Manager
INVESTING IN AFRICAN MINING INDABA – WHERE THE GLOBAL MINING INDUSTRY GATHERS TO TRANSACT & NETWORK
Key industry players assemble in Cape Town, South Africa on 1-4 February 2010
/EIN Presswire/ SAINT LOUIS, 1 October 2009 – Miners, explorers, project developers, mining analysts, fund managers, investment specialists, ministers and governments will reconvene in Cape Town, South Africa from 1-4 February at the 16th annual Investing in African Mining Indaba.
Each year Mining Indaba is well attended by key industry representatives and decision makers. Organizers expect approximately 3,000 delegates, 300 exhibitors/sponsors, representatives of over 500 companies, and an anticipated 40 government and quasi-government delegations. Participants represent nearly all the stakeholders in the mining industry value chain throughout Africa. Last year, sponsoring companies represented an estimated collective market value of $4 trillion.
World-renowned speakers and presentations by industry experts make up an important part of the event. This coming year’s programme is a further expansion of 2009’s new format that delivered more variety, value and vision in a broad and deep series of presentations. Some of this year’s larger features include:
– Six keynote speakers, consisting of global analysts and forecasters.
– A Corporate Social Responsibility Forum that focuses on the latest CSR trends, insights and case studies.
– A Commodities Review & Outlook Forum, expanded due to popularity, that analyzes the global economy’s impact on commodity supply and demand.
– more –
– The Mining Ministers Forum where attendees get to learn about new mining opportunities directly from cabinet-level government representatives.
– The Investor’s Interchange where top companies present their top investment opportunities.
According to a survey of last year’s attendees, 88% reported that Mining Indaba enabled them to network with individuals that, otherwise, would have been inaccessible. 62% reported that Mining Indaba is the single, most important mining investment to attend. To avoid the threat of a sell-out, delegates are urged to register for Mining Indaba 2010 as soon as possible.
Mining Indaba has raised billions of dollars and introduced the international investment community to mining interests throughout Africa. It is organized by Mining Indaba LLC.