Legal news for employment attorneys. A worker was killed and another injured after being electrocuted in a trench.
Employment attorneys alerts- An Arlington County worker is dead and another is injured after being electrocuted.
Washington, D.C.—An Arlington County employee was killed, and another was injured after being electrocuted while they were removing some temporary lights near a trench, which they were working in overnight. The fatal construction accident occurred on Wednesday morning, November 25, 2009 around 8:40 a.m., in at trench located at Old Glebe and North Glebe roads, as reported by the Washington Post.
Police officials stated the Arlington County worker, James Bea, 59, of Arlington and another worker was electrocuted when they came into contact with a live power line. Bea and the other unidentified worker were reportedly working in the trench throughout the night repairing a water main break, and were about to go home when the accident occurred. Bea was pronounced dead at the scene by responding emergency medical services (EMS) professionals.
The other worker was rushed to an area hospital for treatment of his serious electrical burns. He is reportedly listed in critical condition at this time. Arlington County’s Department of Environmental Services’ Water, Sewer and Streets Bureau employed both of the workers. The Virginia Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) http://www.osha.gov/ and the Arlington Police investigators are conducting a full investigation in the fatal work-related accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for employment lawyers.