Manhattan mediation center YS Mediation discusses the benefits of having a neutral party present when making post divorce arrangements.
April 22, 2010 – Although getting through a divorce is a personal matter, it is often beneficial for those struggling to reach settlement agreements on their own to have a neutral party present to help with certain matters such as those pertaining to child custody, alimony, and other settlement arrangements. New York based conflict resolution center YS Mediation presents five ways in which divorcing companies can benefit from mediation neutrality.
A Change in Outlook
A professional mediator can help divorcing couples, who may otherwise be motivated to act upon negative emotions, stay focused on their goals and maintain a positive outlook as opposed to engaging in an ongoing battle. Five ways in which professional mediation can facilitate more positive communication for reaching a divorce settlement are:
• Parties can speak for themselves – Couples have the opportunity to fully voice their concerns in mediation as opposed to having a hired legal professional only include matters they deem relevant for winning a case.
• Dual perspective representation – A mediator views issues from the perspectives of both parties to help each side gain an understanding of the other through improved communication.
• Brainstorming opportunities are available – With mediation, there is no finalization of a settlement unless all parties agree to outlined terms. Therefore if an agreement cannot immediately be reached, a mediator can help initiate a brainstorming process for effective solutions.
• A road map is provided – Mediation can help provide a road map for getting to needed agreements when couples are faced with numerous issues all at once, and have difficulty finding a starting point for reaching a settlement.
• All decisions are agreed upon – All decisions are made by parties being directly affected by the arrangements made during mediation as opposed a judge or arbitrator deciding for them.
About YS Mediation
YS Mediation is a conflict resolution center based in Manhattan, New York with extensive experience in helping parties amicably reach agreements in the event of a dispute. The center provides effective mediation services for clients seeking divorce mediation. YS Mediation welcomes those with inquiries pertaining to divorce mediation in New York to visit http://www.ysmediation.com, or call 1-888-616-0445 today to speak with someone directly. Prospective clients may request a free case review online.
For more information about YS Mediation, please visit http://www.ysmediation.com, or call 1-888-616-0445.