New Source: JusticeNewsFlash.com
11/22/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Fort Collins, CO — Thirteen students were taken to the hospital after a smell at Blevins Middle School caused the students to become ill on Friday, November 18, 2011. The students began to feel ill after smelling the strange odor at around 12:15 p.m., reported The Denver Channel.

The odor has been blamed on chemicals from an art class and a science lab storage area mixing in the air. A non-toxic sulfur-based compound, which smells like rotten eggs, was the likely culprit.

Responding emergency crews transported 13 students to a hospital for treatment, while two others were treated at the scene.

The school was ventilated through the weekend, while officials investigated the source of the smell. The chemicals in question have been removed from the school, and a private cleaning company was called in to sanitize the four affected classrooms.

An investigation also showed that the school’s ventilation system malfunctioned, which allowed the fumes from the chemicals to escape and combine with other classroom vapors.

Poudre Schools is looking into the ventilation systems and all of its science lab chemicals.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Colorado personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News News Source: JusticeNewsFlash.com – Press Release Distribution

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: