/EINPresswire.com/TakeLessons, the nation’s fastest growing music lessons provider, shares a list of helpful questions for students in their quest for the perfect music teacher match.
Pop music reigned at Wednesday night’s People’s Choice Awards, with Katy Perry, Demi Lovato and Maroon 5 earning the top music-related awards as voted by fans. We’re not surprised, seeing as Katy Perry recently tied Michael Jackson for having the most #1 singles from one album.
For those hoping to become the next Katy, or simply earn first chair position in orchestra, it takes hard work, dedication and a commitment to practicing to get there. But many beginner musicians who learn on their own end up adopting bad habits from the start. It may take the expertise of a professional music teacher to help correct those habits.
Music lessons are a very personal experience, and finding the best teacher is often half the battle. TakeLessons (http://takelessons.com), the nation’s fastest growing music lessons provider, took the opportunity to share a list of helpful questions for new students to consider when searching for that perfect teacher.
The following is an excerpt from the list:
“- Does the teacher have credentials to teach?
– Are there any videos of the teacher performing or teaching that you can watch to get an idea of their style in teaching or performing?
– What level does this teacher teach up to? (Beginning – Advanced)
– Does this teacher work best with adults or children?
– Is this teacher connected to a reputable affiliation?
– How many years of experience does he/she have playing? Teaching?
– Does the teacher have group lessons and individual lessons available?
– Is there any type of Money Back Guarantee if it isn’t a perfect fit?”
By sharing the list with blog readers, TakeLessons hopes to continue engaging current students and help with any musical goals they may have. Readers are invited to share their thoughts by commenting on the TakeLessons blog, where they can also read about common injuries for musicians, and comments are also welcomed on Facebook (http://facebook.com/takelessons).
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, TakeLessons is America’s full-service music and voice lessons provider. With private lessons taught by TakeLessons Certified™ instructors in cities nationwide, students of all ages can start living their dreams through music. Founded in 2006 to help people discover their creativity and pursue their passions, TakeLessons also offers turnkey music programs for schools and community centers.
PR Courtesy of Online PR Media: http://bit.ly/zQC9Zd