TakeLessons, the nation’s fastest growing music lessons provider, shares 7 qualities that are essential for musicians to have.
/EINPresswire.com/Despite the Oscar snubs, music shared headliner status at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Several music-related documentaries premiered at the festival, which continues through this Sunday, including films about Neil Young, Paul Simon, and Ice-T. In addition to the films, an extensive list of music performances were scheduled around the city. According to the Associated Press, festival director John Cooper said organizers added more music to the festival this year to encourage relationships between independent filmmakers and musicians.
For anyone involved in the creative world – filmmakers, musicians, artists, teachers – one important part of surviving is being a great learner. TakeLessons (http://takelessons.com), the nation’s fastest growing music lessons provider, shared insight into this idea with a blog post detailing the 7 qualities of great learners. The following is an excerpt from the blog post:
“1. Great learners see learning as pleasurable. Develop your passion through intensive learning that involves focused concentration and a sense of challenge. Recognize that failure is a huge part of the enterprise.
2. Great learners have learned that effort is more important than inborn ability. Kids with disabilities sometimes can deal with these through their other abilities and through persistence.
3. Great learners tend to have a strengths-based view of themselves and others. Figuring out what you excel at and practicing being satisfied with these traits can help you learn.
4. Great learners practice letting go of negative emotions, of flipping the script on what might be regarded as a failure. Let failure go—don’t brood on it. Pick up where you fell and move on.
5. Great learners are unusual problem-solvers who know how to ask for help. These people are both supported and supporters of others in their quests.
6. Great learners don’t let the institution define them. Although they take their educations seriously, they often question labels and define their own paths.
7. Great learners have passions. According to researcher and author Kirsten Olson, ‘research literature describes the importance of passion, curiosity, and deep interests in dealing with challenges.”
By sharing the list with blog readers, TakeLessons hopes to continue engaging current students and help with any musical goals they may have. Readers are invited to share their thoughts by commenting on the TakeLessons blog, where they can also read tips for writing lyrics, and comments are also welcomed on Facebook (http://facebook.com/takelessons).
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, TakeLessons is America’s full-service music and voice lessons provider. With private lessons taught by TakeLessons Certified™ instructors in cities nationwide, students of all ages can start living their dreams through music. Founded in 2006 to help people discover their creativity and pursue their passions, TakeLessons also offers turnkey music programs for schools and community centers.
PR courtesy of Online PR Media: http://bit.ly/Aj7jyh