Dallas, 07/01/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
As July 4th approaches and the lakes in North Texas are full to the brim (and, in some cases, higher), it’s clear we’re in the middle of a robust boating season.
Bron Beal, executive director of The United Boat Dealers of North Texas, presenter of the 2016 DFW Summer Boat Expo, says, “While summer boating prospects and sales are on the rise because of lower fuel prices, higher water levels and renewed customer confidence, it’s more important than ever to be aware of all conditions that contribute to safety on the water, especially those associated with elevated water.”
· Be mindful of your surroundings – weather, water vessels and other visitors on the lake.
· Watch for things like stumps, picnic tables, retaining walls and other structures typically located along a shoreline that may now be submerged due to lake levels.
· Be aware of floating debris. Higher lake levels can mean more driftwood and debris in the water. Please be on the lookout as you are boating.
· Watch the waves – impacts from wakes can cause a boat passenger to be thrown into the air and land forcefully back onto the boat. It’s wise to slow down whenever passing another boat.
· Be especially cautious when boating at night, the time of day when it’s the most difficult to recognize dangers.
· In all conditions, the safest move is to wear a lifejacket.
For more information about boating in North Texas, visit the 2016 DFW Summer Boat Expo featuring more than 450 boat and watercraft models from over 20 North Texas boat dealers.
Visit the expo at Dallas Market Hall, 2200 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207. Parking is free. Dates and hours are:
Thursday, July 21, 3-8 p.m. (Free admission)
Friday, July 22, 3-8 p.m. (Free admission)
Saturday, July 23, 10 a.m-9 p.m.
Sunday, July 24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tickets for the show are only available at the door:
$12 Adults, $6 Children (ages 5-13), Free (Children under 5)
Boating Brands Represented:
Bennington, Regal, Yamaha, South Bay, Four Winns, Triton, Glastron, Blue Wave, Berkshire Pontoons, Xpress Boats, Sea Hunt, Xcursion, Cobalt Boats, Starcraft, Supra, Moomba, Chaparral, Cruisers Yachts, G3 Boats, Southwind, Skeeter, Nautic Star, Rinker, Hurricane, Sweetwater/Godfrey, Aqua Patio, San Pan, Polar Craft, Malibu, Axis, Correct Craft/Nautique, Legend Boats, Sportsman, Sun Chaser, Avalon, Caravelle, Hurricane, Epic, Clearwater, Veranda, Supreme, Sylvan, Monterey, Crest, Sea Fox, Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Harris Flote Bote, Bayliner, Meridian, Grady White and more.
About The United Boat Dealers of North Texas:
The United Boat Dealers of North Texas produces boat shows to support the boating and marine industry in the greater North Texas area; bring together people with a common interest in boating; promote, further and encourage boating through education and outreach programs; and provide exhibitors with a fair and equal opportunity to conduct business with the general public.
Passes for media and interviews are available for any of the dates of the DFW Boat Expo.
Social Media Tags:fourth of july, summer boat expo, dfw summer boat
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook